Oral therapies is being refreshed and updated
CDEP is committed to be an up-to-date, evidence-based diabetes competency tool. And as such we not only have a rigorous content development plan for new topics, but also are continually working on existing topics to update and refresh them.
t is now the turn of Oral Therapies!!!
In total, there are 15 topics currently available based on the TREND Nursing Diabetes Competency framework, the Podiatry Competencies for Integrated Diabetic Foot Care as well as the QoF Nutrition and Physical Activity Diabetes Competency module, together with an electronic resource library.
- What is diabetes
- Oral therapies
- Injectable therapies
- Blood glucose and ketone monitoring
- Nutrition (TREND module)
- Foot care
- Promoting self-care
More Specialist or Care Sector Specific Topics :
- Nutrition and physical activity (QoF requirements module)
- Screening, prevention and early detection of type 2 diabetes
- Pregnancy - pre-conception care
- Managing diabetes in hospital
- Managing diabetes in residential or nursing homes
- Carbohydrate counting and insulin injection dose adjustment