CDEP's new topic focusses on Mental Health and Diabetes.
- is aimed at healthcare staff working outside specialist mental health services.
- acts an introduction to common mental health conditions that occur in the general population as well as
- explores how living with diabetes might impact on emotional well-being and mental health.
The Mental Health and Diabetes Topic has been designed to support staff:
- be aware of the range and prevalence of mental health or emotional difficulties in people with diabetes,
- feel more confident in utilising common mental health screen tools and interpreting outcomes,
- offer first-line support employing motivational tools to encourage behaviour change as well as
- signpost people to appropriate services for further support.
The topic is expected to take around 30 minutes to complete, although this will vary from person to person.
Image credit: Diabetes UK Future of Diabetes Report