Structured Diabetes Education
Knowledge is one of the 3 key components, alongside motivation and behavioural skills, that support people look after their own health, prevent or manage illness and maintain a good quality of life.
- This topic takes as little as 30 minutes to complete - although this may differ from person to person.
- You don't even have to do the topic all in one go... CDEP is designed to be done in 'bite-sized chunks', to fit in with your busy life!
- Need evidence for re-validation? A certificate and reflection document is available on completion of the topic.
- The "Structured Diabetes Education" topic is FREE!
- Just log in and START...
CLICK HERE TO LOGIN
Over 1850 people have already completed this topic.
Feedback is very positive ...
- "The topic was well presented with good use of visual learning aids and links to relevant resources. It was broken down into decent sized chunks to make it easy to follow and dip in and out of."
- "I enjoyed this topic and learned a lot from doing it. I feel it will enhance my role as a practice nurse seeing people with diabetes."
- "This topic has helped me re-think my style of teaching to gain more effective communication with patients."
- "This section was very helpful with a lot of hints, tips and misconceptions about diabetes."
- "Useful for clinicians to review how they approach patients regarding motivating self-care when appointment times are so short."
- "I enjoyed completing this topic. It highlighted gaps in my knowledge and enabled me to have a greater understanding of how to achieve more successful management of diabetes."
- "Education and encouragement empowers patients to understand and take a more active part in managing diabetes."
- "I enjoyed this topic, despite thinking, at the beginning, that I wouldn't. I have certainly learnt something and understand more about the importance of correct data capture."
This CDEP topic was developed together with an expert panel supported by the ...