Structured Diabetes Education
Knowledge is one of the 3 key components, alongside motivation and behavioural skills, that support people look after their own health, prevent or manage illness and maintain a good quality of life.
- This topic takes as little as 30 minutes to complete - although this may differ from person to person.
- You don't even have to do the topic all in one go... CDEP is designed to be done in 'bite-sized chunks', to fit in with your busy life!
- Need evidence for re-validation? A certificate and reflection document is available on completion of the topic.
- The "Structured Diabetes Education" topic is FREE!
- Just log in and START...
Over 3300 people have already completed this topic.
Feedback is very positive ...
- "The topic was well presented with good use of visual learning aids and links to relevant resources. It was broken down into decent-sized chunks to make it easy to follow and dip in and out of."
- "I enjoyed this topic and learned a lot from doing it. I feel it will enhance my role as a practice nurse seeing people with diabetes."
- "This topic has helped me re-think my style of teaching to gain more effective communication with patients."
- "This section was very helpful with a lot of hints, tips and misconceptions about diabetes."
- "Useful for clinicians to review how they approach patients regarding motivating self-care when appointment times are so short."
- "I enjoyed completing this topic. It highlighted gaps in my knowledge and enabled me to have a greater understanding of how to achieve more successful management of diabetes."
- "Education and encouragement empowers patients to understand and take a more active part in managing diabetes."
- "I enjoyed this topic, despite thinking, at the beginning, that I wouldn't. I have certainly learnt something and understand more about the importance of correct data capture."
This CDEP topic was developed together with an expert panel supported by the ...